Monday, August 28, 2017

I can honestly say I have never been so happy.

Hey Hey Hey!

Man, what a week indeed! I just want to start out by bearing my testimony that this is the Lord's work. And that maybe even more importantly, he moves his work forward…no matter what! I know that we must have by our side the Divine Companionship of the Holy Ghost to move his work forward. And that we can walk with "Power and "Authority as we do so. And walk with Confidence that God is guiding our every move.

This week we had the chance to present our ‘Zone Theme’ and it went so well!  Our zone is full of some pretty stellar missionaries.  ‘Preach Deliverance by His Pattern’. That is our theme.  Elder McLawhorn taught about deliverance and how it relates to our purpose.  And then I gave a talk on gospel patterns.  And then we introduced PMG as the pattern to preach deliverance.  We are really hitting PMG hard. Commitments and goals.  We will be having a sit down with each companionship in the zone in the next 2 weeks to see how it is all going.

We found 6 new investigators this week! And they are all families! None with children are old enough to be baptized yet.  Their names are Nhina and Vin, and they are long time member referrals. They are Buddhist.  Then Sarah and Peter Dustin, who we had dinner with!  We taught them the plan of salvation, and plan to set them with a date this Thursday.  They have 2 daughters who are little. They are so promising, and ready.  Then we found Fred and Becky.  They came from the area book.  Fred is solid, and we’re having a little harder of a time with Becky.  We had a very powerful experience last night with them.  They had a lot of questions that we were able to answer for them.  Fred’s mother passed away not too long ago and so that was awesome to share about where she is now, and what will happen to all of us when we die.  I thought about my grandpa’s.  The spirit was so strong, and we know they felt it.  Fred said the closing prayer and we were so happy.  He gave the most beautiful prayer.  It was great.

The hot topic this week was the Plan of Salvation. I love teaching it simply because it answers those three main questions of the soul. Of where we came from, why we're here, and where we're going.

I know that God loves us. We are all literally his children. That we knew him as our father before we came here. And then we received a body of flesh and bone. Just as his. And that we have been sent here to be tried, and to be tested. And then in those moments, look to God. And trust him. I know that death is part of this glorious plan. And needs to happen in order for us to experience a "fullness of joy." And that we will all be resurrected. That unconditional gift.  And I know that we will all stand before our maker to me judged according to our works and desires.

I love being a missionary. And can honestly say I have never been so happy.

Love, Elder Judd




No comments:

Post a Comment