Friday, August 18, 2017

New comp. New Area. New Assignment.

Week 7 went by fast!

Transfers are here and I am saying goodbye to SLO YSA! I am headed down to Camarillo to be a Zone Leader. My new Comp is Elder McLawhorn. He is from North Carolina. We came out together and have became really good friends.

I hope this is okay to put in my email. Just wanted to give a quick shout out to my oldest brother Spence, and my sister in law, Natalie! Elder Judd will be an Uncle! Taylor and Sarah you better step up to the plate. Because you're up next.  Who knows Sarah and Travis might jump the gun:)

 I love seeing the Hand of the Lord in my families lives as I serve. Tears of Joy fell when I heard the news. Baby Judd is coming soon. And Uncle Elder Judd (favorite uncle) will greet him last:)

I want to bear my testimony of the need we all have to recognize the hand of God in our lives on a day to day basis. As a missionary it is made a little easier. But I wanted to focus a little bit more when concerning our own progression. I received a letter from my Dad this week where he shared a scripture he had already shared with me in a letter previous. He said he "felt" that he should share this with me again. I know that "thought" to be inspired. And first I want to thank him for being worthy of the Divine Companionship of the Holy Ghost. It is personal so I won't tell to much. But I know in order for us to Progress we have to allow it. I know it sounds different. But some times the biggest road blocks we have in our lives are due to the creator of them. Our own selves. We "build up" when the Savior's Atonement is begging us to first access his power, that will then enable is to "take down" those Spiritual barriers. That once again Stunts our growth. Doctrine and Covenants 123...My whole mission I have not let myself "look back" to see where I have made it. Or to see that "change." I was so focused on setting my sights forward, that in reality I was disallowing myself to "see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." I know that God both allows and desires for us to look back and see the progress we have made. Because it is in that moment that we must look to him. Knowing that it was all done by his hand. That everything we become, and everything we yet hope to become is because of him.

Love, Elder Judd
 Look ma, the cleanest apartment award!
 President and Sister Nakken
 Good-bye companion...
Hello new companion, new area, new assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment