Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I love the YSA ward!

Hello All! 

Well Week 1 of this transfer is in the books!

I love my new comp and I love my new area...I love the YSA members so much. It's really cool working with a lot of people closer to your age! We set an Investigator with a Baptismal date for the 26th of November! Miracle numero uno:)  Once again I love working with the YSA members. A few of them are returned missionaries so that helps!  

We got to carve pumpkins yesterday with the 1st counselor and his family so that was a blast!

My new comp is Elder Campbell. He's from Rexburg, Idaho and this is his last transfer! It's crazy. What a blessing for me to learn from a missionary who has been around the block. He wrestles and fought MMA for a couple years as well…pretty gnarly right!?!?  He teaches me moves every night just incase I find myself in a situation:) 

I love this work and I love these people. We have a worldwide training the 5th of November so that should be awesome!

It's weird...I face a new challenge every day no matter what. So many opportunities to grow.  This is all truly a trial of my Faith. I love what Joseph Smith says: "EVERY blessing we receive comes from obedience.”  So simple, yet so true. Everyday I am learning more and more of the power and ability that comes from obeying with exactness.   We are all imperfect, and I am an imperfect missionary. But what will always lie in the balance is a choice. A choice is something that we make everyday. That choice is either good or bad. Disobedient or Obedient. 

"Selective Obedience brings selective blessing" D&C 130:20-21.

I invite you all to study the above scripture and apply it. 

I love being a missionary. It's hard, tough, and can even get you down at times. But more importantly it's fun, crazy, awesome, and everything in between. The good will always outlast the bad. It has from the beginning.   And will continue to do so for time and all Eternity.

Have faith
Work Hard
Obey with Exactness
Punch Satan in the Face
Repeat.


Love, Elder Judd 


No comments:

Post a Comment