Monday, April 30, 2018

There's No Place Like Home!

Dear Mom, Fam, and Friends,

Well, as my subject line states I am back home! I am here in the West Lake Village family ward where I served my 2nd transfer. Wow time really does fly. So many changes, and even some new faces. Well, apparently some of the members were even excited to hear I was coming back haha.  Go figure. I love all of these people so much. 

I am with Elder Iongi! My Tongan brother from Portland Oregon. We came out together and he was in the classroom next to mine in the MTC, and we hit it off from the get go. It's crazy how the Lord works! #Dothework

Well just to show you how Westkale operates, I'll give you a quick example…it’s a very affluent area.  In our ward there are:

- CEO's of multiple companies 
- Owners of Restaurants
- Doctors
- Surgeons 
- Writers
- Authors
- Directors
- Presidents of Corporations  
- Entrepreneurs of every kind
- Lawyers 
- Attorneys 
- Singer Song writers
- Miss California (haha) 
- Professional Athletes 
- and MORE! 

And the best part is that these people are some the most humble folks I have ever met. And they give, give, give! And love, love, love. They are such good examples in every way and I am excited to work with them even more. What a blessing indeed.

So as we were “surprise" visiting the gated homes. (where an active family in the ward lives). We stopped by and saw they weren't home after we had gone through the gate.  We got a call from Sister Gates telling us that they were not home, but that a realtor was showing their home to an "NBA Player”.  As soon as she said that our jaws dropped. We waited outside the home for a while, talking to his driver.  Anyways, we took a selfie with him after he told us he was driving with Anthony Davis (NBA Center for the Pelicans!)  We showed no reaction but inside we were dying!  Just as we turned to leave, the castle doors open and AD walks out, along with his friends and fam. Who all get in the car. We were 10 feet from him! But we were told by his driver that if we were to take a pic with him he could lose his job, because he told us who it was. Man it was quite the night!  

We have MLC this week so it should be fun! Always excited to see what Pres. Nakken has up his sleeve. 

We currently have 6 in our teaching pool which includes a family of 4! 

As we continue to press forward we will harvest fruit according to our faith. They invited me to speak in Sacrament meeting my first Sunday in the ward. Haha it was so much fun. I spoke about the Doctrine of Christ and it's role in coming unto Christ. I invite you all to peek at Alma 5 to learn more. So much gold in there! 

Love, Elder Judd



No comments:

Post a Comment