Monday, April 9, 2018

100 days

Dear Fam and Friends, 

I hope all is well back in the (801). Because we're comin' at ya live from the (805). This week was great!  Besides the work, the weather has been AMAZING. After all that rain it makes everything so green! God truly did give us a wonderful place to live and I am so grateful.

Well as my subject line states, 100 days is what I got. As I have been reflecting more and more on my mission, and specifically General Conference, I find myself thinking so often about how grateful I am that I belong to the Lord's true and living church.  With that in mind, this only adds to my drive to share this knowledge we have with all of or father's children. It's time to turn up the game sliders even more!

Al and Joan are doing well. They were unable to make it to church though:( But they are still reading every day and are making progress regarding the Word of Wisdom. We set a goal with them to have Sunday be their day OR whenever the coffee runs out. They commited a long time ago that after this one can runs out, they are buying no more! So it's this Sunday or until it runs out, whatever comes first. They both want to be baptized, and understand the "Why" behind all that we teach. That's why FAITH is so crucial. As we show FAITH, we then receive the witness, according to our FAITH, and of course the will and and ways of the Lord. 

Cesar although came to church and is progressing wonderfully! He is such a good guy, who just thirsts after truth. Joseph Smith said that "A man can be saved no faster than he obtains knowledge." I know that this is true.

As seek truth, and "treasure up the words of life" and seek learning "also by faith" we, through the power of the Holy Ghost receive the witness. Which means knowledge. Which then in turn means Salvation. Bruce R. McConckie also said that "God either stands revealed, or remains forever unknown." I know that it's by FAITH that we obtain knowledge .

As I have been serving my mission I am trying to come to know God more.  I pay a price. And I plan on paying this price for time and all eternity. But I know that Lord is the pay master. I didn’t know what the price was before my mission.  And the rewards are 100 fold more than I could ever give. Cast your bread upon the water, and it comes back buttered and toasted.  Why? Because he is our Father in Heaven. He loves us, and wants us to return to him again some day. And because of this, "I stand all amazed". 


Learn 
Live
Love

Love, Elder Judd



No comments:

Post a Comment