Monday, May 29, 2017

One new investigator!

Had a great week this week! Had the great blessing to meet with a lot of LA's this week which was really good because we haven't ever really done a lot of that at all in this area. Met some more drunk people this week so that's something that will always put a smile on your face.  President, and Sister Felix just have a couple more weeks so their time is winding down!

We found 1 New Investigator and she is sooooooooo SOLID!  Let me just say 2 things:

First, our God is a God of Miracles. Second, He really does work in mysterious ways. Marcy Collins has been trying to investigate this church. But she has been married to a long time LA named Mike Collins. Who really is a nice guy, but just never got around to softening his heart. And he was not gonna let her investigate the church "without his consent." To make a long story short, they were both every ill, and 1 week ago Mike Collins passed away. We were then able to meet with Marcy, and set her with a baptismal date for June 24th!  Marcy is 55 years old,  but looks likes she's 70 because of how sick she is. She is really struggling with Mike being gone, but has the faith to move mountains, so that is what is keeping her going. She is so excited. We are in contact with her daily, and meet with her twice a week. It's just a matter of can she stay healthy?  I love her so much, and she is so ready. So pray for her, and for her health especially. Mike is in a better place now, and is most likely cheering her on. She is so excited to be sealed to him, and that is her aim.

Aren't we so grateful for hard times in our lives that can make us stronger?  It makes me think of this scripture in 2 Corinthians 12. We learn in Ether 12:27 this same underlying principle. The Power of the Word!

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Love, Elder Judd




No comments:

Post a Comment