Monday, October 17, 2016

First baptism!

Hello Family and Friends!!!

This week has been ONE FOR THE BOOKS!

Tita Lawrence and Eva Key were Baptized on Saturday! It was such an amazing and sacred experience. Elder Morgan and I will both truly cherish this memory forever. I was so blessed to have been able to confirm Eva the following Sunday.(Yesterday) It was the first confirmation I have ever done so I was like...Nervous! But it was soooo good:)

Remember how I told you about those Investigators we dropped? Well we did indeed receive something in return...
So about 2 months ago before I was even in Westlake, Elder Morgan and Elder Hales had been trying to get a hold of this Potential Investigator. Her name is Susan Martinez. They had no luck. Fast forward 2 months later with Elder Morgan and I as of 2 weeks ago started going back to see if we could get a hold of her! We had no luck for a little while but every time we went over to see if she was home, (she wasn't) we would always see her teenage daughters there. And they would always tell us "no so sorry she isn't home but come back!" So we did and as of last week we went by again and Susan was there! After trying and trying and trying. We were about to call it quits on Susan but we pushed through! Anyways, last week she let us in, and was soooo kind! She's a single mom of 3 kids. 7 year old boy, and then two daughters who are 17 and 18. Disappointingly Sister Martinez had to deal with her younger son in the moment so we couldn't meet with her. BUT we got her written consent, and began to teach the 2 daughters! Their names are Shyanne and Karsyn. They are both so humble, and "Looking for Jesus." What a MIRACLE. Long story short, Karsyn and Shyanne both have Baptism dates on November 19th! We taught them the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, committed them both to read and pray about the Book of Mormon every day. They said yes,  and are very excited to learn more! 

I love being a missionary. Elder Morgan and I are both very confident that their Mother also be converted as time goes on.  We have our 2nd appointment with them today! I have the best Job in the world, we don't sell anything, persuade or Convince…all we do is invite other to Come unto Christ. All success Elder Morgan and I are having is simply because of our ward family! Everybody here understands their role in helping us missionaries. And they are all sooooo kind and loving. 

In closing I would just like to all bear you my testimony of the Joy that CAN come from Repentance.  I am living Evidence of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and more importantly, I hope you are all too. Repentance is scary, and Hard. Extremely hard, matter of fact. But I witness that whatever effort, or sacrifice we put forth to better align our lives with Jesus Christ. (Repent) What we will receive in return with be both Incomparable and Indescribable. "It takes as long for you to repent as it does for you to say "I'll change", and mean it."

Serving my Savior Jesus Christ is the best thing I have ever done in my life. 

Endure. Press Forward. Press On.

Love, Elder Judd


P.S. We have dinner with the Sherwoods tonight!! I love her cuz she reminds me of you mom!!  We're gonna talk about the "big hair”:)







No comments:

Post a Comment