Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 15, 2016

Wazzz Up Fam and Friends! My mailing address is: 721 Johnson Avenue #26 San Luis Obispo CA 93401...please send letters if you want:)

Elder Judd Here...This week was crazy! So many things going on, in so little time. I love it all so much!
This past week we lost 2 investigators which was very hard. It sure puts a damper on your day when you get phone calls saying they want to be done, and don't want to see you again. Especially when they were so close! One of them was named Joe, who had already committed to be baptized the week prior. And that morning before we were about to set him with a date to be baptized on September 24th, he called us up and said No longer does he want to meet with us. So sad. As only my second week in the mission and to have my two (only) investigators say they want out 100% is hard to handle. Simply because you love them, you knew how close they were, and how much they needed it. It's okay though, we are here to find the elect. The people that god has been preparing. We are here to see miracles. That's what we have done, and will continue to do. We spend 3/4 of our day FINDING. door to door. Potential to Potential. I swear it seems like every person in SLO is just so content with where they are at in life. They are all very wealthy and "Happy". At least they think they are. Their a lot of weird people here in SLO, like crazzay. But it's ok:)... I love em. As I am constantly serving them, praying for them, preparing for them, teaching them etc..My love for every person here begins to grow. It's crazy in a way, but at the same time makes so much sense! I love testifying of the happiness, and sense of hope this message can bring your life if you let it. I find myself learning, and my testimony growing every time I talk to anyone.  I love missionary work. I love the spirit that it brings and the power that it contains.

With all the hatred, and no's we receive, at the same time it's wonderful to see that their are kind people everywhere. We have opportunities to run into one every once in awhile and it's amazing. Without a doubt a tender mercy sent from the hand of God. One of the things that keeps me going every day. Friends and Family God is in the details. To often do we find ourselves looking for the Big MIRACLE, or Vision, or "voice". Of the spirit. I challenge you all to as you go through out your week to simply spot one tender mercy that god put in your path. And if at the end of the week you haven't found one...? Your fault. Your not looking hard enough. 
That's only one thing I have learned here as a representative of Jesus Christ. Is that "God is in the details." 

I have gotten the chance to invite a numerous of people to be baptized. Most of them the first time we meet. And most of them say Yes! But as I said last week, they then won't let us in to share a 10 minute message. It's so hard, and it hurts. All these people want the promised blessings that come from living the gospel, but the problem is they don't want to live it. They just want the "good stuff." People want a God that not only doesn't rock the boat, but doesn't even row it. Their are costs that come with discipleship as well as the blessings. But in the end, the good will always outweigh the bad. We must be willing to LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are his church, this is the truth. Us missionaries don't know it all. We like to think that we do, but we don't. But we know enough. And that's exactly what we tell the people we meet. We know of something that can make you happy, and bring hope to your life. And can give you a purpose for living. They want that but, but they don't! Then when they say no, it kills us. Because we know the truth, and the truth is all that one needs in this life to be happy. 

Please pay for the People of San Luis Obispo CA. And that the missionaries in the field will strive to be more obedient.
I love you, and miss you all.

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?
Jeremiah 31:3




No comments:

Post a Comment