Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!


"Looks Like he dropped his whole load! "

"Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal...and a happy New Year!"...2 famous quotes from 1 one of my all time favorite people, and one of my all time favorite Christmas movies!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This just may have been one of my favorite Christmas's so far although I am sick🤔...But that's okay😁...Thousand Oaks is awesome! It actually is a little cooler than I imagined but luckily Santa brought me an awesome sweater! Elder Kopaunik is my new comp and he is from Sandy, UT. He is great! We actually came out together so that makes 2 in a row, with Elder Reeves!

The work here is great we have 5 investigators but I actually only have met 1 of them but that 1 came to church! Sacrament meeting was great. We had so many wonderful talks given on the Savior and what he makes possible for all of us. The spirit was so strong!

This past Friday we had our Chistmas Zone conference which was AMAZING!  It was all centered on the Savior, OF COURSE. We also had about 7 musical numbers. I was able to perform a Joy to the world/Christmas song mash up with Elder Seui, Elder Iongi, and Elder Anitoni. And yes they are all Islanders! We're all like Brothers.  2 Samoans, 1 Tongan, and then 1 white boy...our name was the "3 for 1 deal"...Elder Anitoni was on the guitar and he was so good!

As I have gone throughout the month of December I have really focused my study on the life of the Savior. In doing so I have taken President Nelson's challenge upon myself. To study his name under the topical guide. I have been both reading and marking every single scripture under "Jesus Christ ". As I have embarked on this constant study of the Savior this scripture keeps on coming to my mind. It is on John 4: 34 "Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.”  The Savior's desire to do the will of the father in all things took priority over all else. Even when he was at the early age of 12 years old he was about his “ ather's business"...Forsaking his mother and Father to do the will of his Heavenly Father.

As the new year approaches let us all try a little harder to have our hearts centered on doing all "those things that please him". (John 8:29) And it is my testimony that our Savior pleased our Father perfectly. The Savior as not just called, but chosen!

I want to bear my testimony of the birth of Jesus Christ. That he was indeed born of a young virgin named Mary, who was also visited by an angel and told she was to bear a child. In the city of David, in a town called Bethlehem this child was born. I know that this transcendent event was a fulfillment of prophecy that had been testing the faith of many believers. I know that the he lived a life in which there was no flaw. 
He established a church, taught the higher law, performed miracles, Atoned for the Sins of all mankind, was crucified, and at last was resurrected the 3rd day.  And through all of this he "he suffered temptations but gave no heed unto them."

I know that as we come to know him our ability to become as he is will increase.

I close with my testimony thay "Be therefore Perfect" is no plea or Invitation. But a commandment. With that in mind in the words of Elder Holland, “Let us become so...Eventually." 

"A thrill of Hope, dreary world rejoices"

Love, Elderr Judd 

P.S. I have the best family in the world. Just in case you all didn't know:)

Can't wait to talk to you all today!








No comments:

Post a Comment