Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Happy 2018 everyone!

Man 2017 was the fastest year of my life. Chock full of experiences and memories that I will choose to remember for the rest of my life. It's crazy to think that this is the year that I will finish my mission. Definitely something I will take to heart as I buckle down and run to the tape these last 200 days! We had a great dinner with a member family, then we had to be in our apartment due to New years Eve. We stayed up until midnight (in my dream) and celebrated:) 

We taught 4 of our Investigators this week - one of them being a single, middle aged man named Matt Holm. He also has come to church twice already! This past Friday we taught Baptism by reading 2 Nephi 31 with some solid HTBT. We emphasized what it meant to "fulfill all righteousness". The spirit was so strong so we invited him and he accepted! Matt committed to be baptized on January 27th. Wahoo! Aren't you just smiling as you are reading this?😄

As the new year approaches this scripture has been weighing heavily on me....
Doctrine and Covenants 88:67... And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.

I'm not going to ask you all to set a bunch of goals that will help you change or even be better. Or create this miraculous vision of where you want to be a year from now. Although all of that would be great! But rather I will just invite you to ponder this. The eyes are a symbol of one's ability to seek, understand, and focus on the things of God. Our eyes are an appendage of our heart. Which is the center of ones attitudes and desires. Therefore a good gauge for one to determine where his or her heart is would be to pay attention to his or her ability to understand the "mysteries of God". (Alma 12:9) Otherwise known as Personal Revelation etc.. This life all about a quest for light. At the end of each do you may ask your self...(In a figurative sense) "Has the image of God been illuminated into my countenance?" Meaning as we "engrave" that image...We must also seek to illuminate. As you do so I promise you that others will notice (although that's not our motive), they will be attracted and drawn to your because of the light that you carry. Which is nothing short of the light of Christ. Let 2018 be a year where Light is Illuminated. As we submit to the will of the Lord in all things, live the lives the Lord expects us to live, and master the principle of daily Repentance. I promise that with this light will also come a Joy. A Joy that is unlike all else. 


I love you all...

Elder Judd
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment