Monday, July 3, 2017

SLO YSA's and Parker for a companion

Hello you Wonderful People,

Had a great one this week! San Luis Obisbo YSA is the pace to be! These kids are so amazing, and they all teach me so much. I love working with young single adults. Along with the children they indeed are the future. A chosen Generation. A lot of these kids have some pretty big decisions to make at this point in their life. And that being said they NEED to learn what it means to rely on the Savior, and have the companionship of the Holy Ghost with them by their side. Just like we all do. But when times get hard, we must always remember to "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto our own understanding." And it ain't easy. It was never intended to be.

So the Sisters left us with two Investigators, and a lot of LA's which is awesome! There are about 150 members in our books. But in reality there are about 450 not recorded! Wow...Time to get to Work:) Doesn't that just make you Happy?! That there is so much work to be done?! Such a blessing.

One of the Investigators named Hayden came to church! He is sooooo cool, and asks a lot of good questions. Deep questions! We just gotta make sure his intention is right, which will then help the spirit to work on him…because remember motive matters!

We have issued the whole Ward a challenge to read the BOOM by August 16th, and to highlight all the Christlike attributes/characteristics. Sound familiar? That is the same challenge we were issued by President Felix who is now home. We need to get these kids' testimonies where they need to be before they can help others build theirs.

President and Sister Nakken are here! I have not met them yet but my parents both have at the MTC...(cheaters:)) We will meet them both this Wednesday at a Zone Conference! I’m so excited!

Love this quote by President Hinckley speaking about missionaries and I testify that this is true..."They are healers among the people, serving in the cause of the Master Healer.”

My new Comp is Elder Alder from Idaho and I nicknamed him Parker. Just imagine Parker with a tag on. He is HILARIOUS, and I am just happy with my life right now. The Joy I am feeling, I cannot describe. I have my struggles every day, but that is a good thing.

Love, Elder Judd
 My District
 My comp and Parker doppelganger
Helping a ward member set up for a BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment