Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

What Up Fam and Friends?!

Real quick just want to give a shout-out to the old man. Man I love you! Thanks for all you do Dad. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for giving me an example like you. I hope you had a wonderful Father’s Day.

Not gonna lie, this week was rough. Haven't had a week like this in a long time. Elder Judd had a little break down this past week due to the death of member in our ward. Brother Bob Heath will be missed. 89 years old, and he had a stroke. It was completely a surprise. He moved like he was 50 and weeded his garden like my momma. We were very blessed to have served him every Friday for the last couple of months. I was one of that last people he ever talked to. He's my "2nd Grandpa." An ordinary man, who like my Grandpa, learned what it meant to be faithful, and endure. Which led to extraordinary results. He was one of my best friends. And will forever will have a special place in my heart. 

Along with that this week, we had a lot of closed doors, and with that closed hearts. Which is something you do not like to see as a missionary. The love I have for these people here in Lompoc is so great. You see how they are living, even why they are living that way. Then you Invite, and they decline. And then you just think about how much better they could have it. Good, Better, Best. That is what this life is about. It's all just a big game of Good, Better, Best. And in this game, and by His rules…you cannot receive the Better without first giving up the Good. How does this apply to you? That is how Faith works. And then Ultimately God sees our willing desire to change. We then can be on our way to receiving the  "Best." Which we know, just like from Good to Better, to receive the Best requires a little bit more. There is no such thing as something for nothing with the Lord. Aren't we so grateful for that???

Zone Conference is this week so that should be good! The theme is "I believe in Christ." With an emphasis on the BOM. I am about to finish it again so what a great blessing that will be. Man I love that Book. I testify of it's Truthfulness. 
One of my favorites helps when times like these come...

2 Corinthians 4


17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. 


 (1. Smiling cause it's healthy too
 (2. Good looking group 
 (3.  Dabbin' (hope that's still cool)
 (4. Grub out!

 (5. Better looking group


No comments:

Post a Comment