Monday, March 27, 2017

I had the best week!

What a spiritually overwhelming week indeed!

First, the best part:

The week goes to Jordan Jones! He was baptized by Elder Ballantyne on Friday, and I was so lucky and blessed to be able to confirm him on Sunday. The service was absolutely wonderful. Both of the talks were inspired, and so well done. Both of the speakers were converts who joined the church in their late teens just like Jordan! Truly the Lord does guide and direct his work. And the best part about it was that his whole family was able to be there. His parents are divorced, and his mom had such a wonderful experience. The spirit was so strong, and so many tears were shed. 

Leading up to his baptism, Jordan was nervous. Very nervous. I read him this scripture the night before the service:  

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I then asked him to pay attention to how he feels as he comes out of the water. We promised him that all of these thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, and doubt would disappear completely. And that these nerves could actually be a good thing.  After the service was over he was very emotional. And him and I shared a sweet moment together. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked right at me. Before I could get a word out he said: “They're gone.”  He was referring to those feelings. 

2 days later he was confirmed, and ordained to the office of a Priest in the Aaronic Priestood. Wow.

Little does this boy know that he is literally starting over. The Lord has nothing but big things in store for Jordan Jones. But doesn't He for all of us? I testify that He does. But I testify that those ‘big things' require an eternal dose of FAITH and HUMILITY. 

We have 4 Baptisms coming up plus the wedding of Patrick and Nicole!  Their official Wedding date is May 4th, and their baptismal date is the 6th:) 

Becca, and Megan are the 6th, and the 8th of April as well!:) 

General Conference is referred to by us missionaries as "Christmas." Certainly we focus on celebrating Christ and being filled with gifts of the spirit. 

Also, if you want to have an amazing enlightening study of the scriptures, go study Moroni 7 and Ether 12. Holy Cow. 

I hope you all have a great week!  Please send me letters, and like packages or something good, because we are out of money for the month.


Love Elder Judd







No comments:

Post a Comment