Monday, September 19, 2016

I love my companion and I love my mission

Hello All!!!

Well another week in the books! Gotta cut right to the chase!

This week was crazyyy! And amazing at the same time. My new comp as I told you last week is Elder Morgan. We met each other in the MTC and became really good friends. He is such a good missionary and am truly beginning to love him soo much. We both have been out 7 weeks! It's crazy. We're "follow up training" each other. He's from Oklahoma, and went to OU, and then BYU for a year. He's 20, which means he's a lot more mature than me. hahaha...I came to his area here in West Lake Village. It's absolutely beautiful here and it's more inland so it's farther from the ocean but it's still awesome. The people here are very similar to SLO. There are actually a lot of Jews here in West lake. Oh, and by the way these people here are filthy RICH!! Like millionaires, and BILLIONAIRES. Some of the most crazy stuff. 

Back to the work. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways, and bestows power to those who He can simply trust. Elder Morgan and I are having so much fun...like I didn't think it was allowed to have as much fun as we do. But the best part is, is that it comes from being obedient. To the mission rules, and to the Lord. We both still kinda don't know what we're doing. (No missionaries ever do) so our motto is just to work hard, be obedient, and go by the spirit. We are both imperfect missionaries who are not perfect teachers. But all we strive to do everyday is to put forth our perfect effort. 

WE ARE HERE TO HARVEST: Our first week together we taught  a lady name Tida who is the sweetest lady ever. Her husband was a member who passed away not to long ago. Very sad, but she keeps on telling us that she thinks her husband is trying to speak to her to tell her to join the church. Which is true, and more than possible. We taught her the Restoration, and invited her to be baptized on October 15th and she accepted! WE WERE SO HAPPY! After we got home from the lesson we fell to our knees to offer up a much needed "gratitude prayer"...(we offer a lot of those)
How many gratitude prayers do you offer up each day? It's pretty self explanatory. I ask you to pray for Tida every day. October 15th will come quickly and we can't wait!! 

THAT'S NOT ALL: 2 weeks before I was transferred Elder Hales and Elder Morgan set a date with a lady who is very similar to Tida! Her name is Eva Key…she's Hispanic, and is wonderful. I am truly coming to love these 2 woman so much. As I teach them, serve them, and pray for them each day. I am so blessed to be put here in Westlake with Elder Morgan. We are 2 very similar people, who have truly grown to become the best of friends. We have a desire to find the elect, which is exactly what we do. As you strive to love the lord, and be obedient, you can never be too confident, or too bold.

We are so grateful for this chance we have to serve together. And KNOW that it is not by accident at all. The Lord needed work done in this part of the vineyard that could only be done by a Morgan and a Judd. 

I am coming to love my Savior, Jesus Christ more and more everyday. I know I say this every week, but that's because it is true. This morning a I studied a little in 3 Nephi 17...I invite you all to do the same. Here it shows the divine nature, and perfection of Jesus Christ. The Nephites beg for him to stay, simply because He is who He is, and he brings the spirit that He does. PLEASE READ THAT CHAPTER.

I love being a missionary more than anything in the whole world. There's not a harder thing I have done in my life, and at the same time there is nothing I have ever done in my life that has brought more satisfaction than preparing the world for the second coming of Jesus Christ. I love you all, and pray that you all will come to love your Savior, Jesus Christ more than ANYONE, or ANYTHING.

Endure.

3 Nephi 17: 15 

Love, Elder Judd





The mother of the elder in the middle posted this picture on facebook.  They live in the ward where Elder Judd is currently serving, and her son is entering the MTC this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment