Monday, February 5, 2018

'A-town'!

Fam and Friends,

What a blessing it to be on the Lord's errand! I am fitting right in here in Atascadero 2nd ward. I am almost at the very tip top of the mission. It's a small little town with a lot of farmers and cowboys. My New companion is Elder Governale who is from Oregon. He moved a lot growing up and also lived in 18 different homes and 6 states! Wow, I know.  He has been out for about 7 weeks now, so he's still really young. Young, raw, and ready to work. He has that "Greenie fire" which is so fun to watch and work with. I have done all I can to keep that as I go throughout my mission. I am excited to listen, and learn from all that he has to teach me.

The field is very, very white!

We currently have 4 Investiagtors with a date right now and more are coming! We had 7 as of a couple of weeks ago but one or two we have to push back due to commitment and Weddings:) But we most likely will have those dates back by this next week. So please, please pray. We are doing all we can to Facilitate Baptism here in A-TOWN. There is so much more to do and we love it:) We have so much potential and need the Lords help through it all if we want to reach it. The Lord is blessing us from moment to moment. We have 12 in our Pool.

We taught 4 of our Investigators this week and all of them were able to make it to church as well! 2 of them being Laurna and Carl. (Mother in her 70's, Son in his 40's)...Laurna is our main focus right now. Carl is a little Autistic and is still not sure how he feels about what we teach...BUUUUUT Laurna on the other hand is so solid. She has her date for the 24th of February. But we still have not yet taught the W.O.W but are confident that there will not be too big of a hold up. She knows the Book of Mormon is true, but is still just a little hesitant on Joseph Smith. Which doesn't really go together I know, which is why we taught her:) We had the thought as part of our lesson to show the 20 min Restoration video. Midway through she started to ball. It was just her and the Spirit which is exactly how we like it:) We then bore testimony of the truthfulness of the BOM and of Joseph Smith's role as the Prophet of the Restoration. It was a wonderful experience. She also has a lot of family problems going on behind the scenes which have the potential to hinder her progression so please, please pray!

We tracted into a WONDERFUL young couple who both had just gotten home from work. They both work together at the same Italian restaurant! We just walked up to them and Elder Judd cracked a  joke about this huge pile of rocks that were just plopped down right in front of their house:) And that made them laugh which lead to a great 15 minute conversation about their work and what we do as missionaries! We offered to do service for them and remove all the rocks for them. And then we said the best part about it is that it's FREE!:) So they accepted! They also said they will bring home some really good food from their restaurant. Two new investigators!

The Lord is good. I have learned a lot about myself this last week speicifically. I know that God loves us. He knows us by name. He understands our desires, and what we need next to become what he would have us be. Have your mind where your feet are. I am excited to work with the Lord hand and hand and help them find the waters of baptism.

Been in Mosiah all of this week...Gideon is the Man...He reminds me of my dad! But Gideon doesn't quite have as many muscles;)

And a shoutout to my new nephew, Henry Spencer Judd! The Lord truly is mindful of us. I miss him already and am excited for him to see his favorite uncle in a few months. Uncle Elder Judd!

Gotta keep fightin'!

Love, Elder Judd
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment