Monday, November 20, 2017

A grateful heart is a humble heart

Dear Family and Friends, 

Just another solid week in the Greatest mission in the world! I am so grateful for the chance to especially express my gratitude this month. Although it's been a daily thing! I am grateful for my family.  They are an unfailing example of Faith, Charity, and Love. I am grateful for the blessing I have to serve a mission. The opportunity to represent our Savior for these 2 years. 

And to transition, I am grateful for elect families like the Merrells:)  We taught them once this past Tuesday and Friday.  We covered Obedience, Word of Wisdom, and prayer with Scripture Study. Man it was solid. They all saw the "Lord's Law of Health" thing coming, they said. Stan and Carrie both drink coffee but that's okay! They have been trying to quit for a long time. But as we taught the "Why" behind the "What" that was when the spirit was really able to testify to there hearts. And we talked about then how we can use prayer and Scripture Study to help:)

I am confident when I say that they will find the strength to obey this commandment. And I pray that they will then RECOGNIZE his hand as they do so.

In Mathew 15 the Lord feeds the 4000...verse 15 talks about how he first "gave thanks" THEN they were fed. 
Think of this imagery. The savior and Redeemer of the world called upon his father and "gave thanks". THEN the miracle was wrought. The Savior himself acknowledged the Father in ALL things. As we so the same we to can have the Faith to bring to pass miracles in our own lives.

As we live in Sincere Humility our Heart will be changed to a grateful one. And as we acknowledge God's hand in our every day lives. He is in the details. That means be grateful for the little things.

Learn Grattitude
Live Grattitude

Love, Elder Judd 

P.S. Turkey bowl this week;)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment